Monday, June 25, 2012

Costa Rica

Hello friends,
Sorry it's been so long. I knew it had been a while but I didn't realize how long. Yikes!

So, on to the food! I am currently in manuel antonio, CR, for a short 3 remaining days of our 12 day trip with the fam! And I have to say, as far as food goes, our favorite place so far is mexican.. Go figure. Everything in this part of town is geared towards tourists and is way over priced and not very authentic :( but despite that we've manger to enjoy a few spots here or there and making our own food.



FYI.. I love yucca root and plantains!!

But one thing I can share with you is the sour cream. Its freshly made! It easily made at home and I promise you won't regret trying your hand at it.

Sour Cream

Ingredients:
1C. Heavy whipping cream ( not ultra pasteurized)
1/4 C. Buttermilk

Directions:
Heat cream to 180 degrees F. Let cool pour into Tupperware container, add buttermilk, stir. Cover loosely with lid or a cheese cloth. Let sit out on counter for 8+ hours, till cream curdles and thickens. You'll know it's done when it smells like sour cream. Stir.
Cover tightly with lid and refrigerate l. Lasts about 7-10days, or more.


No comments:

Post a Comment