Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Spice

A simple mixture of spices but a very handy one especially when baking anything pumpkin is the intimidating pumpkin pie spice.Well intimidating for me that is. In my short time working in the kitchen and especially in baking i have found this spice mixture to be one that i could never bring myself to buy...it's so Expensive!! but i didn't think i could make it myself either. So there i was with the problem of not being able to bake anything that required it, Until now. When i came across the Pumpkin Pie Empenada's recipe, i knew i had to make them and since my desire to try them was greater than my fear of making my own spice mixture, i pushed past that fear and made this mixture. I hope you find it as useful as i have!


Pumpkin Pie Spice

Ingredients:
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp Ginger
1/8 Tsp Cloves

Directions:
Mix all the spices together with a whisk until combined. store in airtight container (jar, old spice jar, etc..)
Use in many variety of baked goods, follow directions of recipe you are using as to the amount you will need of the mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment