Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Family, Food and Fireworks

It seems like forever since i found myself sitting in front of the computer, poised to fill up the pages of this blog with yummy treats and delicious food, but in reality its been more like a couple of days. Unfortunately i write not a new recipe to try but just an update today. Alex and I have been in Oregon, visiting my family since last friday. I can not tell you how good it feels to be back, surrounded by the beautiful greenery, the rushing river and the love of family. Since arriving we have enjoyed many hours just lounging around, many a conversation and lots and lots of food!! Yesterday, being the 4th of July, and seing how my family consist of 20 or so people plus the extended family, we of course spent a good chunk of the day in the kitchen preparing some goodies for the evenings festivities; it was quite the gathering! Sadly i did not get a picture of the spread, but let me just say, it was a feast for the eyes and the tummy!! From potato salad to develed eggs, to stained glass jello in red, white and blue, we we're very blessed with delicious foods. The fireworks we're fantastic and the family time, as always a joy!!
I will be back in the bay come friday, at least that's the plan ;) and will be posting about my many cooking adventures with the fam!

(haha..just realized i rhymed in those last two senteces, totally unintentional).

No comments:

Post a Comment